This fast moving and position will require system administrators to leverage cutting edge and emerging technologies to support a production capability with development, testing and integration pipelines utilizing Linux & Windows servers inside an AWS enclave.
As part of the Operations Infrastructure team, this candidate will be responsible for maintaining production systems and applications. Utilizing AWS, this candidate will work along side DevOps engineers, service desk team members and government customers to maintain, deploy, secure and troubleshoot highly available and micro-service applications and their networks. This role encourages administrations/engineers to look into and introduce new technologies and become a part of the driving force to modernizing and optimizing a big data application.
This position is ideal for a candidate pursuing a career in DevOps, CICD and taking the step into system engineering, and/or an experience system administrator looking to pursue experience in the most marketable and emerging technologies.
- This position requires a minimum Secret clearance. Willing to upgrade clearance for the right candidates.
- 3-5 years Linux AND Windows administration
- 3-5 years AWS EC2, S3, ELB & Auto-Scaling experience
- 3-5 years managing systems in production environment, providing patching, backups, troubleshooting and tier 2 issues resolution
- 3+ years working in government networks (DISA, JSP, ect)
- Experience managing networks (Firewalls, Cisco Switches, VPNs)
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues requiring coordination with multiple tiers of government network organization
- Active Secret clearance in JPAS
- Experience with database configuration and administration, including MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, and Apache Hadoop
- Experience with Big Data and distributed Cloud architectures and frameworks
- Active CompTIA Security+, Linux+ certifications
- Production application support and optimization
- Patching/Security Vulnerability Mitigation
- Software deployments and updates
- Troubleshooting and resolving outages/application issues
- Introducing new technologies and enhancing uptime and system performance