Full Stack Developer
Location: Reston, VA
Date Posted: Feb, 2019
- Develop innovative software solutions in direct support of an unconventional warfare client.
- Compose solutions that incorporate micro services, containerization, RESTful Web components, NoSQL data frameworks, and large–scale distributed systems to drive insights from vast amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Leverage a complete DevOps pipeline to drive rapid delivery of functionality to the client at hyper speed.
- Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend client challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, and help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation.
- Design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions.
- Ensure quality delivery of software through thorough testing and reviews.
- This position requires a minimum DoD TS/SCI Clearance.
- 3+ years of experience with software design, implementation, and testing
- 3+ years of experience with using best practices and design patterns for writing clean, reusable, and highly organized code
- Experience with large–scale distributed systems and large–scale data processing solutions, including Hadoop and Accumulo
- Experience with software containerization frameworks, including DOCKER
- Experience with developing service APIs for external consumption
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how things fit together with modular design
- Knowledge of RESTful services design, development, and testing
- Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS
- BS degree
- Experience with DevOps methods and tools, including Jenkins, Git, or Jira
- Experience with solutions for full–text search, hit highlighting, and faceted search, including SOLR or ElasticSearch
- Experience with HTML and CSS and solving cross–browser compatibility issues
- Knowledge of at least one of the following servlet containers, including Apache Tomcat, JBoss, or Jetty
- Knowledge of scaling and performance
- Knowledge of Hadoop or other Big Data solutions
- Knowledge of the whole Web stack, including protocols and Web server optimization techniques
- Knowledge of Service–Oriented Architecture (SOA) development
- Ability to demonstrate clean coding habits, pay strict attention to detail, and focus on quality
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Security+ or CISSP Certification