Location: Reston, VA
Date Posted: Feb, 2019
- Develop and operationalize innovative Big Data software solutions in direct support of an unconventional warfare client.
- Perform as a data scientist, helping the team on a distributed scalable Big Data store, including Apache Accumulo, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce programming and technologies, and real-time data processing with Apache Spark.
- Participate in the development of machine learning, data mining, and statistical or graph-based algorithms designed to fuse and analyze massive data sets.
- Use expertise to ensure the proper implementation and usage of employed algorithms and bring in cutting-edge innovations from industry and academia.
- Leverage knowledge of requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and diagnosis or resolution.
- Conduct software development, software integration, statistical analysis, modeling, and simulation all in a rapid DevOps environment.
- Sync across functional teams, ensuring data science is supporting mission-focused analytic teams and work with rapid prototyping teams on site to deploy new data science capabilities through existing toolsets.
- This position requires a minimum DoD TS/SCI Clearance.
- 3+ years of experience with high-level languages, including Java
- 2+ years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data storage, including Accumulo, Cloudbase, HBase, or Bigtable
- Experience in MapReduce programming with Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and processing large data stores
- Experience with a real-time, large-scale data processing engine, including Apache Spark
- Experience with using Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment
- Experience with developing solutions and integrating and extending free and Open-source software (FOSS) or COTS products
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in working with various intelligence disciplines, including GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT and comprehension of the data and tools associated with these disciplines
- Experience with intelligence or operations analysis in the DoD or intelligence community
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Experience with open source software, including GeoWave and MapReduce Geo (MrGEO)
- Security+ or CISSP and DoD 8570 Compliance Certifications